Needed Small outboard

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
midnightsailor

Needed Small outboard

Post by midnightsailor »

Thought id take advantage of the reach of this site and see if anyone knows of a small used outboard maybe 4-8 hp for sale ? Ive scoured all the local sources out here on eastern long island and have not found a thing though I did find a few on ebay and also from sight in Florida . I am getting desperate as I am short on funds to buy new and I need somthing for my 8 ft inflatable so I can get around when we get together this month. My old outboard was stolen lat fall and Ive been so busy I hadnt much time to look for a replacement. If anyone knows of one, please let me know, Thanks, Rick
1982 Freedom 33 Cat Ketch, Hull # 53, Standard Booms, deep keel ,tall rig
An armed man is a citizen, An unarmed man is a subject. George Washington

tnltracy

Re: Needed Small outboard

Post by tnltracy »

Hi Rick. Have you checked Craigslist? There's a bunch of used outboards up here in RI/MA. Likely the same near you.

I'll be rowing at the G2G, but I have a rigid that's likely going to be a bit easier than an inflatable.
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

midnightsailor

Re: Needed Small outboard

Post by midnightsailor »

Searched the interweb all day and came up with a Johnsonrude : 6hp '72 evenrude head with 5hp cover and 1969 Johnson shortshaft lower. Dosnt look like much but runs good, cost $300. and a 5 hour drive to the Jersey shore from Greenport and back. Then found the starboard tube on the dinghy leaked so had to locate AND patch that too! All seems good to go now :D
1982 Freedom 33 Cat Ketch, Hull # 53, Standard Booms, deep keel ,tall rig
An armed man is a citizen, An unarmed man is a subject. George Washington