Looking for more information on F39PHS Hull 31 'HORNPIPE'

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
rphdiego

Looking for more information on F39PHS Hull 31 'HORNPIPE'

Post by rphdiego »

Hello,
I have found F39PHS Hull #31 listed for sale in the Netherlands. The yacht is with a broker representing a boatyard owned money for storage. The current owner has either abandoned the vessel or has died. Both booms and sails are gone. Also the interior has been mostly dismantled except for the galley and chart table. I have searched this forum and only found a few posts by the member 'HORNPIPE' mentioning the boat was for sale in 2013 after they had owned it for 10 years. I would be interested in contacting the member 'HORNPIPE' if anyone knows how to contact them. Or any other history on this boat. Thank you.

Castaway

Re: Looking for more information on F39PHS Hull 31 'HORNPIPE

Post by Castaway »

I know Hornpipe, having been aboard her in years past. She was in nice condition, and had been extensively re-fitted by the then owner. Sad to hear she has fallen on hard times. He has a new boat now, more suited to the sort of cruising he does.
You may be able to contact him through the Cruising Association, London; their e-mail is <office@theca.org.uk>, and I have let the Membership Secretary, Ms J Mitchell, know that you might be in touch. I don't have his details to hand.
Hornpipe and Castaway in Bergen, 2006
Hornpipe and Castaway in Bergen, 2006
hornpipe @ bergen.jpg (135.3 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
Gerald Freshwater,
s/y 'Castaway', (UK F35 cat ketch, centreboard, 1987)
Lerwick Boating Club
Shetland Isles, Scotland