Bay Area meet up

Nengaku

Re: Bay Area meet up

Post by Nengaku »

Please note that I posted my thanks BEFORE that awesome breakfast aboard Kynntana. That’s the ONLY reason I didn’t mention it.
Roger Cunningham
S/V Selkie
San Francisco

Camino

Post by Camino »

Ha I have pics - albeit they are terrible due to many factors, all mea culpa - best I could do....
Attachments
IMG_0273.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg (9.28 KiB) Viewed 7605 times
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg (10.12 KiB) Viewed 7605 times
Last edited by Camino on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Let's see if I can remember everyone. There was Evi and Erik with a Freedom 40cc being refit. There was Collin on an F44 over at Marina Village (I think). Bernard Slabeck has his F36 in Mexico and had impeccable timing for being in the Bay Area at the right time. Don Magraf used to be the West Coast Freedom distributor. He's at Denison Yacht Sales. Tom and Naty from Ketch 22 came over for a short time before having a scrumptious change of watch dinner at Oakland Yacht Club. My short-hand racing friend, Beccie and her husband, Howard Weiss, were there from Half Moon Bay. Jackie Philpot, Kristen and David Herrigel, all from the Singlehanded Sailing Society, dropped in for a bit. Kevin, who works for Afterguard Sailing, joined in, too. Tom and Stephanie (Goodway), Roger (Selkie) and Mike (Jacqueline) brought their boats in. Kynntana was already berthed there. It was a really fun group. I hope I haven't missed anyone!?!
Kynntana, Freedom 38

mike cunningham

Post by mike cunningham »

Carliane,

Finally made it home last night after an unexpected pit stop to deal with an increasingly recalcitrant diesel leak . Finally got it stopped but by that time I was ready for a cold one so decided to pitch my tent at China Camp.

I just wanted to echo everyone else in thanking you for such a wonderful get together. Thanks to everyone who brought food too. Fantastic.

It was great to finally meet some fellow Freedom owners who are, according to Ferenc Mate, sailing some of the world's best sailboats. I agree with him. It was a lot of fun and I really appreciate all the work you did top make it happen.

Mike

PS I departed Oakland Marinas without turning in my gate card. This morning I put it in the mail to the marina office person, Jackie. She should have it in hand NLT early next week.
Mike Cunningham
Freedom 30 (Mull) Hull #3
Build date...June, 1986 . Freedom Yachts USA, sloop, shoal keel
Gun Mount and pole retrofitted (purchased from a Hoyt Freedom 32)
Yanmar 2gm20F , 1600 hrs fixed two blade prop
e-rud and ocean racing equipment

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

Owe an update to y'all. Thanks to 'Camino' for reaching out.

We are OK, house escaped the fires, but just the ongoing reshuffling of displaced people has been time consuming. Won't bore you with the details, but 30,000+ displaced people need to go somewhere. Everyone I know has been involved in that absorption process.

When we drove up Saturday morning of the meet-up, our early hour view of the bay made me wonder if I could navigate from Coyote Point safely. Couldn't see a damn thing at sunrise. Have radar, but this pilot doesn't consider himself instrument-rated. Ha!

Sounds like we missed a good time. We are in 'next time'.
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA