Marine Surveyor

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
moosemcclintock

Re: Marine Surveyor

Post by moosemcclintock »

yarrow wrote:can somebody post contact info for person with boat FS in long island, I'd like to see more pics of the dodger on the boat and how it works with the main sheet.
I saw a picture of it, I think he put a traveler aft. It was posted on this site somewhere, if you go back through the for sale link I think it'sin there, it's Harv7, I think you can P<M him if you click on his name.

moosemcclintock

Post by moosemcclintock »

yarrow wrote:can somebody post contact info for person with boat FS in long island, I'd like to see more pics of the dodger on the boat and how it works with the main sheet.
found his e-mail, it's

harv17atoptonlinedotnet

Jack Woods

Post by Jack Woods »

Yarrow,
I bought an F25 round mast in New York in November and it has a dodger. I had the boat transported to Mass and haven't really seen how it all works together. I have been wondering though since the jam cleat for the mainsheet faces aft ... I'm wondering how it will fit under the dodger with the traveller low,etc.
The Tartan 41 I sold prior to getting this had the mainsheet (midboom) lead forward to the mast and then back through a cutout in the dodger. No matter where the traveller was adjusted to it was the same fair lead for the mainsheet.
I'm sure it will make sense when I put everything together. Maybe I'll contact the previous owner (never met him).

Jack
1983 F25 round mast #184 Badaka
Yanmar diesel

yarrow

Post by yarrow »

sounds good,

Great to hear another F25 is doing well in New England. we may need to do a get-together this season, even a spring get-together in May. Thanx for the help I contacted Harv and found out his F25 with a dodger moved the main sheet, and traveler to cockpit. Not sure if I like this solution but excited to see more pics.
82' F25 winged spar, inboard diesel
95' B3 I-14
providence RI