Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
jjohnsonmarine

Post by jjohnsonmarine »

Hello all,

I've been frequenting this site for some time now...the ONLY site for ANY information on Freedoms other than dimensions; so I finally joined the group. I don't own a Freedom yet, but I hope to make it my 5 year plan. I am a former Marine Corps Cpl with two tours to Iraq as machine gunner, and I am currently a law student at William and Mary Law School. I sail a Renken 18 named Mistress. Ive done all of the work on her myself...Ill list my website in my profile if anyone is interested. I am very interested in the Freedom rigs...I single hand mostly, and my wife doesnt quite have the experience (yet) to crew or helm...not to mention the time to sail (she is an ICU nurse). I have my eye on the 39 PH schooner, and I have always been infatuated with the cat-ketch rigs (it started with the Norwalk Island Sharpies for me). I am not going to be playing around with any intermediate sizes for my next boat...im going from 18 all the way to the 30s!

Well...thats all for now! Feel free to offer any tips, advice, suggestions, or insults!

Josh