Dutch 2014 Freedom Reunion

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Hans

Dutch 2014 Freedom Reunion

Post by Hans »

The Dutch 2014 Freedom reunion on the IJselmeer South was on the 20th of september.
Four boats participating. In the early morning it was very quiet with absolutely no wind and some fog, we went out on engine, dropped anchor together and started waiting for the sun to lift the fog and some wind to come.
The center cockpit of Chasseur, Freedom 40, was a very welcome place to gather and wait.Which was helped by the wine and beer we choosed to consume before the ‘race’. When the sun came through and temperature started rising some owners even started to inspect their boats swimming. Needless to say we had a wonderful time. After a couple of hours a nice little breeze piped up and we sailed around the buoys. On the downwind reaching leg we even had to hoist our jib top reacher because the two mast 35’s were hoisting their staysails and overhauling us with quite an overwhelming rate. I am still surpised what speed those two mast Freedom’s can make when reaching or running and makes me sometimes wonder whether I did buy the wrong Freedom! The dinner for the crews together in the evening made a nice conclusion for a wonderful day. Thanks Rik for organizing. Looking forward to 2015.
Attachments
Scherezade
Scherezade
DSC04199.JPG (175.52 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
Samiel F35, Chasseur F40 and Scherezade anchored together on a very quiet and foggy IJselmeer
Samiel F35, Chasseur F40 and Scherezade anchored together on a very quiet and foggy IJselmeer
DSC04159 - Copy.JPG (192.37 KiB) Viewed 3465 times
Hans Hansen, Makkum,The Netherlands.
Freedom 45AC #47 "Scherezade".