Antares

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Riki

Antares

Post by Riki »

We just bought a 1997 Freedom 40/40 Hull #27 last week and are very excited. My husband saw the boat "Antares" in the Charlestown Marina in Boston - looks like a Freedom 35? It seems like you buy something then you notice them everywhere. We were wondering if the owner is on this site? We're going to be keeping our boat in Pirate's Cove in Portsmouth, RI. I heard there may be other Freedom owners there - anyone? Looking forward to joining the discussions! Our sea trial is this Monday. Keeping our fingers crossed that all is OK.
1997 Freedom 40/40 Hull #27

tnltracy

Re: Antares

Post by tnltracy »

Welcome to the family! There are several Freedoms around Narragansett bay, including 40/40 Rejoice, In Warren (board name Craig). We sail our F32 Hoyt, TY, out of Warwick Cove.

Keep an eye on the boards here as things get going this sailing season. We've started throwing ideas out for a get together over the summer on the bay. Time/place still TBD
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

Craig

Re: Antares

Post by Craig »

Welcome to Freedoms. I have a 1995 40/40 that is moored in Barrington RI. I am fortunate enough to have a mooring just a few hundred yards from Paul Dennis' shop.
Hopefully there will be another Narragansett Bay get together this year. It was a great time last year.
We are hoping to finally do our cruise to Maine this year. We have been trying for a while. We have taken two three week vacations from work with two weeks back in the middle during which time we will catch up on work while leaving the boat in Maine.
Send me a PM and we can get together and compare notes.

Welcome again