Freedom Yachts Demise

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
harv17

Freedom Yachts Demise

Post by harv17 »

There will be no more Freedoms built. TPI is involved with more profitable products worldwide.

The following link will show what TPI is up to. http://www.tpicomposites.com. :mrgreen: :cry:

Harv

markedwards

Re: Freedom Yachts Demise

Post by markedwards »

The "TPI" name was sold with the wind blade and non-marine portion of the business several years ago. The marine side of TPI took the name Pearson Composites, LLC. Their web site is weak but you can view primary products still in production there at www.tnyachts.com and www.alerionexp.com. They also have taken on the PDQ power cat line.

The Freedom brand was sold from TPI back in 1989 and independent of TPI from that time. Freedom morphed into a power boat builder, Legacy Yachts, and sadly closed its doors this summer. There is hope that the company and Freedom and Legacy brands will be acquired.

Mark Edwards

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Welcome aboard Mark,

Glad you found us and signed up.

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

sailmon

Post by sailmon »

Mark,
Good to see you (in print).
I just found this board - missed chatting about Freedoms since the old Freedom Board was overwhelmed with spam and taken off line.
I did end up buying the blue 1991 F38 in Boston and have had 2 great seasons of sailing and working on her - here on Lake Erie. My old F30 is also still in Cleveland - sold her to a friend.
Were still hoping to retire in 6 to 7 years and head for the horizon... although the economy isn't really cooperating at this point.
Bob Allenick (sailmon)
S/V Her Diamond
Cleveland, OH
Sailmon (Captain Bob Allenick)
S/V Her Diamond
1991 Freedom 38
Cleveland, OH