1992 Freedom 32 Porthole Specs?

TimS

1992 Freedom 32 Porthole Specs?

Post by TimS »

Hi,
I own a 1992 Freedom 32 (Freedom 30 with a 2' walk on transom) and would like to replace the leaking gasket on the porthole above the stove in the galley. This is the same porthole used on the Freedom 30 I believe. Would anyone know the name and model # of the porthole and ideally where I could buy a new gasket? I thought it was a Lewmar, but I checked their website and could not find a matching porthole.

Thanks very much,

Tim

OilonH2O

Re: 1992 Freedom 32 Porthole Specs?

Post by OilonH2O »

Hi, Tim.

I just bought a 93 Freedom 32. The gaskets on the portholes looked dry and cracked, so I set about replacing them. It looked like a square profile 3/8th" by 3/8th" rubber. Local supply store thought the hardware manufacturer was out of business and what I was asking for was not available. I bought some 1/2 " wide (but not so deep) "T" shaped gasket material with an adhesive stripe at the bottom of the T. It is soft enough to push into the groove, but I have not done an install or tested its watertightness. My concern is that this shape may allow the metal portions of the porthole to meet. I'll do one and see how it works.

sailmon

Re: 1992 Freedom 32 Porthole Specs?

Post by sailmon »

Bomar (Pomanette LLC) sold me peel and stick - self adhesive gasket material for opening ports. Was easy to install and worked very well. Has been a few years, but back then the Bomar item number was P-3000.
Sailmon (Captain Bob Allenick)
S/V Her Diamond
1991 Freedom 38
Cleveland, OH