f45 prop

lewharve

f45 prop

Post by lewharve »

we are in the slings right now in our freedom 45 cc but we won't be going in the water.
we have class in Orlando and while there someone stole our max prop, so wee need to get a prop fixed or not before we go in. anyone have a lead on a prop.
thanks
Lew

GeoffSchultz

Re: f45 prop

Post by GeoffSchultz »

I can't help you with the dimensions of the prop, but I would check with the used parts chandleries. I know that it's not close, but Ft. Lauderdale is a great source part for used parts.

We had someone walk away with the cone gear for our MaxProp when we were in Mexico last year and we had to ship the remaining components back to Washington State to have them fit a new cone gear. The good news is that even if you can't find a used MaxProp with the correct prop shaft diameter, PYI can provide the correct sized one at not much of a cost. Alternately if the hub's prop shaft diameter is smaller, you can have it bored out.

Lastly, if you find MaxProp that's smaller in diameter (lets say 16" instead of 18"), you can always increase the pitch of the prop. Freedom tended to oversize props, so it's my personal belief that going smaller with more of a pitch would be a good thing. There are some extensive discussions on this within this forum.

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40
http://www.GeoffSchultz.org