f29 vs f30 vs f32

Boat handling, ideas, questions...
luckyducts

f29 vs f30 vs f32

Post by luckyducts »

Been away from sailing for a while and am considering getting back into it. We have a place on the Chesapeake Bay and own a jet drive Legacy 34.

Previously we sailed a F32 (Hoyt) for a couple of years and enjoyed it a great deal.

We really are looking for an oversized day sailor as the powerboat can't be beat for weekend cruising.

We've already done the 19 foot racing day sailor bit and are looking for something stable and relaxing, although you know what they call 2 sailboats heading the same way. The f32 is a bit more boat than we need.

question: How do the sailing characteristics of the f29 and f30 compare to the Hoyt f32?

hxschiller

Re: f29 vs f30 vs f32

Post by hxschiller »

If you really want just a day sailer, consider either a wingmast-equipped Freedom 25, or the Alerion Express Cat 19. Both exemplify the best of Garry Hoyt's talents.

luckyducts

Post by luckyducts »

As I said in my original post we've already done the true daysailor adventure in creating marital discontent. I want more boat under me when the chop kicks up but would prefer something a bit smaller than the F32.

Bernard Larocque

Post by Bernard Larocque »

I am also interested in a F29 for weekend sailing and some club racing , I would appreciate serius comments on construction and what should I watch for during inspection . I have been sailing for 38 years in northern Quebec and there is no Freedom sailboats around , I previusly own a Nunsuch 30 and 33 in the 80 which I enjoyed very much , the F29 fits my present need and budget . I am not familiar with F construction , any balsa , and the mast how well does it age . Thank you in advance for your comments . Regards Bernard .