HOW DO YOU ESTABLISH A PRICE FOR A BOAT

Boat handling, ideas, questions...
cptprogreso

HOW DO YOU ESTABLISH A PRICE FOR A BOAT

Post by cptprogreso »

I know that the market establish the price of a boat, but my CB 33 is so rare in the market that there is no base price for the boat.
I do not want to spend one year trying to sell the boat and then lower the price until i get her sell.
I know that for a 1980 boat all depend the condition of the boat, but i feel so good sailing her that i could deliver her very far away.
What would you do ?
I bought her for 24 and i put at least another 10 over her. I think the boat is worth much more than 24, as the ads for 33 foot boat in that condition are much more expensive. But again i think Freedom lovers are a rare breed, do you ?

Goose13

Re: HOW DO YOU ESTABLISH A PRICE FOR A BOAT

Post by Goose13 »

I bought my F33KC cb 3 years ago for 10K. I was in good condition, the Stove and head were missing and the sails were the original 35 year old sails and the Yanmar was also original but with no work or money put into the boat I sailed it from Oxnard CA to Berkley CA. It took a little longer than I was planning (13 daze instead of 5 days).

Since buying the boat I've put in an electric motor, new head, new stove/oven and now new sails. I wouldn't sell my boat for any less than $35k.
Doug and Marie
Millennnium Falcon F33 CK cb #4
1980 wish bone booms Electric Drive