type1 MSD

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
Tom Cawrse

type1 MSD

Post by Tom Cawrse »

ahoy there... Has anyone had experience with type 1 MSD's? I'm thinking of the Raritan electra scan [an update of the electra san] in Pegasus,F36. We would keep the 12gal[?] original holding tank for use in no discharge zones.

Thanks, Tom

Capitan Sardina

Re: type1 MSD

Post by Capitan Sardina »

Hi Tom,

Nani has a Lectra-scan installed. It was already there when I bought the boat. since I am now in a lake with no discharge allowed I had to disconect it, but I ran it for a short while before moving the boat.

It seems to work quite well. It has a sensor in the holding tank and will launch the process automatically when certain level is reached. It can be disconected or bypassed for (more like through passed) for direct discharge when offshore.

The only downsides is it takes quite a bit of juice (~14-15 amp) and the sensor has to be disconected when sailing (because heel will trigger it). If water is brackish or fresh salt needs to be added. I heard of electrodes going bad, but I have not used enought to form an opinion.

Overall quite a fancy piece of equipment and great if your location allows its use.

Cheers,

alex