katadyn watermaker

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
daletournier

katadyn watermaker

Post by daletournier »

Hi all, I have a Katadyn powersurvivor 80E and want to add a silt reduction kit to it. It is basically a 5 micron filter with a 12v/1amp feed pump. Does anyone know what pump they use? The filters I can buy here in Malaysia extremely cheap dont really want to pay $500 for the kit when all I need is to source the correct pump. Any suggestions?
Cheers Dale
Freeform.

mtryon

Re: katadyn watermaker

Post by mtryon »

Dale,
I don't have a solution for your problem but I have an older Powersurvivor 35. I'm thinking about intalling it but in my F32 (Hoyt), space is at a premium. So, I'm wondering where you decided to install yours? Seems like no matter where I decide it's either an easy servicing location, and I lose storage space, or it's a space where it's not so easy to service (aft). Just curious what you came up with.
Thanks,

Marty
Freedom 32 - Hull #15 - "BAMBOLEO" - Southern California, USA
Morgan 41 CC "Classic" - 10 year live-aboard
Rawson 30 - "La Cabriole" - Circumnavigator -- but not by me... :(

daletournier

Re: katadyn watermaker

Post by daletournier »

Hi Marty, ive mounted mine in the the wet locker in the head where i keep my life jackets etc. Like you i spend considerable time trying to work out the best location. Im quite happy with where it is. I have a bladder that sits up above the water tank which i direct product water into once ive tested it and i dont release bladder into tank prior to retesting at the end of watermaking session. This location suited as the wiring and plumbing was easy from here. I feed from intake of head which seems to be no problem. I would like the pump a bit lower.
Cheers Dale
Freeform.