Ice Box Drain

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
psych

Ice Box Drain

Post by psych »

F30 Ice Box not draining. Can't find access to where it T's into drain hose. Any suggestions? Thanks.

drcscruggs

Re: Ice Box Drain

Post by drcscruggs »

FWIW, you might try a blast of compressed air to clean out. The only issue there is if it cut off (valve closed). Then of course a blast of pressure would not be good. I realize that this doesn't help you find the hose, sorry. best

Tricia

Post by Tricia »

Mine drains into the bilge. Sometimes a small plunger working the icebox drain works. Other times I've put the end of a small hand pump/bilge pump into the end of the hose and used suction to pull the blockage through.

psych

Post by psych »

Thanks for all your help. Problem solved. It does indeed drain into bilge not sink drain hose. Previous owner capped off drain hose.

wcwcwc

Post by wcwcwc »

My F36 came to me with the icebox draining into the bilge. I soon sealed it and pumped the ice box into the sink with a small pump. This reduced the smells from food particles being flushed into bilge.
Bill Cormack
Formerly Sailing F-36 "Hard Earned" out of New Bedford Yacht Club, Padanaram, MA. Now a member of Pelagic Sailing Club a New England based club whose members are about half boat owners and half crew.