F36 standing water on deck

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
brico

F36 standing water on deck

Post by brico »

Hi, I am having a small amount of water standing on deck Port and Starboard side unable to drain through toe rail drain holes. Middle of t is located just where access is from the side and extends couple of feet fore and aft of it. It is only cupful of water but bothers me as it is not able to completely drain and stains the deck a little. has anyone made any modification in order to drain that water off.
1986 F36/38
s/v Mirage

Michel

Re: F36 standing water on deck

Post by Michel »

As far as I know many Freedom models have this issue. On the F33/35 (UK built) and the F44 there are drain holes with a through hull in the deck with hoses attached that run to a through hull on the water line. Because they didn't use flush through hulls, the water cannot drain completely. The F44 even has a water collecting gutter with drain hole along the deck edge, but because my longitudinal trim is messed up by a heavy generator in the transom, these gutters don't work.

If you mark the lowest point, you could install drain hoses yourself, if you can access the inside of the deck and hull at the desired locations. If you have an aluminum toe rail, a small hole low in the toe rail might also work.
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

brico

Re: F36 standing water on deck

Post by brico »

Michel,

Thank you. i am not very keen on drilling holes on the deck for obvious reasons but will explore the option of further grinding the drain holes on the toe rail in the hopes that it will allow more water to drain and only have a little of t standing on the deck for the height of the toe rail flushing screwed on the deck.

Petar
1986 F36/38
s/v Mirage