F25 Rudder Construction

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
yarrow

Re: F25 Rudder Construction

Post by yarrow »

I'm planning on building my new rudder this winter, I will keep people posted.
82' F25 winged spar, inboard diesel
95' B3 I-14
providence RI

yarrow

Post by yarrow »

I dropped my rudder of yesterday, and excited about the conversation that has already started. I'm aiming for a 30lb rudder that is efficient and balanced and is a direct replacement for the factory rudder assembly. I plan to test it this summer and if people are interested do a limited production run for other owners.
95' B3 I-14
providence RI

yarrow

Post by yarrow »

I had the great pleasure to check in on the construction of my new composite rudder yesterday, I would like to note that I have decided to make a new Tiller that will be lighter, stronger, longer, and with less wobble. The new Tiller came out of the mold looking really good a new design was used and it looks really great, the rudder design has been chosen and construction will start next week. I will keep you all posted on the progress
95' B3 I-14
providence RI

moosemcclintock

Post by moosemcclintock »

Yarrow, is your rudder done yet? I just patched mine (again) and toting that thing around reminded me how much I'd like to get it lighter.

yarrow

Post by yarrow »

New rudder should be done by end of the month, we are under 20lbs at this point includes new composite tiller, we are making a rudder that will drop into factory hardware on boat and will make rudders per order with deposit after testing is complete.
95' B3 I-14
providence RI

Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Let me know as I have to patch mine that split in two last week on a sail. It fanned out like a whale tail. What is the ball park?

Thanks!!!!!
Randy Clark
Kimberly F-25 CFM 1982 Hull #56
TISC Mallets Bay
Colchester, Vermont

yarrow

Post by yarrow »

I'm not sure on pricing at this point except that the carbon model will be much more then the composite model. I may be interested in selling my oem rudder after testing. I will keep the forum updated as we get closer
95' B3 I-14
providence RI

yarrow

Post by yarrow »

Yesterday I went to the shop to check in on the rudder construction, which is going really well we have had to design a few custom parts for mounting and are looking into tiller layout for tiller extension, auto tiller, and a possible table support.
cheers,
Yarrow Thorne
95' B3 I-14
providence RI