Freedom 32 Port hole

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
daletournier

Freedom 32 Port hole

Post by daletournier »

Hello, does anyone know the manufacturer of the port holes in the rear cabin on Hoyt F32, or a alternative supplier that has an exact slide in replacement?
Cheers Dale.

tnltracy

Re: Freedom 32 Port hole

Post by tnltracy »

I'm interested as well, in both the hull port, as well as the port into the cockpit. No logos that I can find on them.
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

midnightsailor

Post by midnightsailor »

Not sure what kind of ports are in the F32 Hoyt, but on my F33 they are heavy plastic and acrylic opening portholes and was surprised to find that they are made by The Fuller Brush Company ! I contacted them about replacement screens for them and was told they still can be ordered but when I found out the price I decided it was easy enough just to make my own. I didn't ask about the price of the whole port as mine are still in excellent condition with no issues but if the price of the screens is any indication I am sure they arte not cheap! When I do get around to changing them I would like to go with a stainless steel porthole perhaps those made by New Found Metals.
1982 Freedom 33 Cat Ketch, Hull # 53, Standard Booms, deep keel ,tall rig
An armed man is a citizen, An unarmed man is a subject. George Washington

daletournier

Post by daletournier »

Hi, Paul Dennis has put me on the right track. http://www.beckson.com/ports.html sells the ports. I believe it to be size 714.
Cheers Dale.

tnltracy

Post by tnltracy »

That does look right for the port facing the cockpit. Defender carries them: http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... id=2674183

Need to measure to confirm. Port through hull is smaller and stainless, I don't see a match from Beckson.
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

gulfcoastsailor

Post by gulfcoastsailor »

Has anyone replaced the center salon window opening with an opening porthole? Thanks in advance for any leads.
Chip

"Encore"
Freedom 32
1985 #72

daletournier

Post by daletournier »

Hi, the above defender link is correct but I believe you need the bigger spigot. Im trying to order the 2 inch spigot version that I can then trim. Beckson is completely hopeless at answering my emails.
cheers Dale.
Freeform.