Fortress anchor

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
sailmon

Fortress anchor

Post by sailmon »

I was wondering if anyone is using a Fortress anchor on their boat? I tried to fit a Fortress FX 23 on the bow of our F38, and there was no any to securely fit it to the bow roller assembly.
Thank you,
Bob
Sailmon (Captain Bob Allenick)
S/V Her Diamond
1991 Freedom 38
Cleveland, OH

tnltracy

Re: Fortress anchor

Post by tnltracy »

I've used a FX16 on my F32 through last season. I have a mooring hitch center at the bow which I run the chain around and then drop through the hawse pipe. I run a bungee between the block attachment points (reinforced gun mount setup) which helps keep the anchor down on deck with and secure on the roller.
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

Castaway

Post by Castaway »

Ours generally lives a divided existence in the forward locker, only coming out for use as a kedge (light & easy to handle in an inflatable dinghy). However, it's very efficient, and if I were using it all the time I'd get one of the special holders which fastens to the pulpit/rail, into which the anchor just drops in place. I don't know where you might get one, however.

Chocks on the deck might do, but the anchor would take up a lot of space if flat.

Regards,

Gerald
Gerald Freshwater,
s/y 'Castaway', (UK F35 cat ketch, centreboard, 1987)
Lerwick Boating Club
Shetland Isles, Scotland

Belanich

Post by Belanich »

I have a Fortress 16 as my backup anchor and a Lewmar 33lb claw on the bow roller. On my previous boat, an Oday 31 I used a fortress anchor and I loved it.
Michael Belanich
Dolcetto, F38 #65