F-35 Has Anyone Installed a Steaming/Deck light combo?

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Mark K.

F-35 Has Anyone Installed a Steaming/Deck light combo?

Post by Mark K. »

I would like to install one but my 1994 Freedom 35' did not come with one and I do not see any holes in the mast where it could go. Oddly the boat did come with circuit breakers for them and live wiring to the base of the mast. I am hesitant to drill into the carbon fiber mast and haven't been able to figure out how to mount the light and run the wiring. I do have a piece of track running up the front of the mast (presumably to support the end of a spinnaker pole) and may be able to utilize that somehow.

Thank you,

Mark K.

CaptLen

Re: F-35 Has Anyone Installed a Steaming/Deck light combo?

Post by CaptLen »

Paul Dennis i stalled one for me while the mast was unstepped. You can drill and tap up to 1/4 " fasteners from what I've heard.

bobr

Post by bobr »

Mark K. wrote:I would like to install one but my 1994 Freedom 35' did not come with one and I do not see any holes in the mast where it could go. Oddly the boat did come with circuit breakers for them and live wiring to the base of the mast. I am hesitant to drill into the carbon fiber mast and haven't been able to figure out how to mount the light and run the wiring. I do have a piece of track running up the front of the mast (presumably to support the end of a spinnaker pole) and may be able to utilize that somehow.

Thank you,

Mark K.
Mark,

I have the same set up. I wondered why there were an extra set of wires in the bilge and a switch for a non existent light, thanks for clearing that up for me. The light must have been an option.
Bob R.
1995 Freedom 35 (Pedrick)
"Liberty"
Old Saybrook, CT

fmolden

Post by fmolden »

On my 1996 F35 the two breakers are for the forward facing 120 degree steaming light and anchor light. However the mast head fixture (Perko?) requires both steaming and anchor light breakers to be "on" to provide the required 360 degree anchor light.