Dining table - How to lower

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Grimsby_Alan

Dining table - How to lower

Post by Grimsby_Alan »

I've been trying to figure this out for a few weeks now. Feeling a little foolish but here goes..... How does one lower the table to convert the dinette into a berth? My pole is one solid piece and i cannot get the table to lift off the pole nor can i get the pole to lift out of the base. I have the insert cushions and there is a hook to attach it to the bench when it's lowered so I'm assuming it's meant to drop. Any advice would be appreciated.
1984 F32 Hoyt hull #41
Port Dalhousie, Ontario

Riki

Re: Dining table - How to lower

Post by Riki »

Which boat is it? They must all be different because our 40/40 has a bord that slides out from under the settee and locks in place with a pin. The dining table is not involved.
1997 Freedom 40/40 Hull #27

Grimsby_Alan

Post by Grimsby_Alan »

She's a Hoyt 32. The table should drop down into the horseshoe shaped dinette to create another berth. I cannot seem to get the post to release at either end.
1984 F32 Hoyt hull #41
Port Dalhousie, Ontario

Zengirl

Post by Zengirl »

Lift the top off, then unscrew the base and fit the table into slots. If u can't get top off, use liquid wrench or other to loosen it. My 32 doesn't have any hook.

Grimsby_Alan

Post by Grimsby_Alan »

The post is well seized into both the top and the base. Haven't thought about unscrewing it. I'll try some PB Blaster tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for the tip. The hook is on the underside of the table and matches up with the loop on the side of the bench where the seat can be attached
1984 F32 Hoyt hull #41
Port Dalhousie, Ontario

gulfcoastsailor

Post by gulfcoastsailor »

Mine seemed seized as well in the dining position. First, I used WD40 in the base. Then I rubber malletted the top so the post would at least twist left and right. Then I got on all fours and used my back to lift. Voila! The table post came out of the floor fitting. Now I interchange the short and tall post as needed. BTW its my GF's favorite berth on the boat. Topped the cushions with 3" memory foam to make it a real bed.
Chip

"Encore"
Freedom 32
1985 #72