mounting solar panels

Batteries, Generators, Solar, Wind and Electronics
captb

mounting solar panels

Post by captb »

greetings..I have 2 kyocera 130 solar panels I'd like to mount on my Freedom 40...with a ketch/cat rig...looks like the only place is on the side stantions toward the stern...maybe one on each side....batteries are right below that area as well..
any suggestions....do it yourself hardware?...thanks..

AlanK

Re: mounting solar panels

Post by AlanK »

John from svhotwire.com sent me the following information on some interesting mounting solutions. I have an F-33 and I installed 1 foot high cabintop handrails a while back and was thinking of mounting my panels to the handrails with the brackets that allow sliding and rotation. This was from 2008.

Alan, The NOA mounts attach to one inch stainless tubing. That's what the clamp fits onto. The strap goes across the short dimension of the solar module. The 10604 is the simple version that has the clamp on one end, a set of two (for one module) is $69.95. You'll need to attach a one inch tube between stanchions, about $4 per foot. Also, an adjustable support arm to hold the modules up when they are swung out, $28, and brackets to attach the one inch tube to the stanchions, $24 per module, for a total of about $150.
The NOA 10606 are $94.95, the difference being the clamp is attached to the strap such that it can slide in the strap, making it possible to adjust the pivot point where the one in tube will be located relative to the module. Total for all parts with the 10606 about $175.

http://www.noa.se/eng/html/solarpanelmounts.htm
Noa - Boat accessories - Solar panel Mounts