nmea 2000 network

Batteries, Generators, Solar, Wind and Electronics
VeloFellow

nmea 2000 network

Post by VeloFellow »

I enjoy sailing. Every time I drive the 500mi round trip to the boat I sail as much as I can. I have done engine maintainance taken care of rigging but still have cosmetic issues and the nice things to do.
I bought an autopilot, a vhf radio with ais reciever, a garmin 441 s chart plotter and there is an installed p79 depth sounder. I won a sonar phone sounder with its wi fi transmitter at the St Pete Classic boat race with garmin navonics sonar chart....

So who has built up nmea systems previously? Is it as easy as a bunch of plug ins a power line and Ts and beginning and end plugs? Secret info?
Around the boat yard the experts recommend the hiring of a marine electronics expert. Since they are unlikely to go with me on my world cruise...or even to the dry tortugas I would rather connect and understand the system.

Hints, Resources?
Mike
s/v Clave'
1981Freedom 28 #112
Currently sailing Tampa Bay
Buit by Fairways Marine Hamble England
cat ketch, centerboard , wishbone booms, tides track slides
yanmar 2ym15 2blade prop

unfetteredalexandria

Re: nmea 2000 network

Post by unfetteredalexandria »

I found the attached information, found from trolling the internet, to be helpful. I was able to successfully interconnect a VHF radio, a Raymarine Tillerpilot, a handheld Garmin GPS, and a TackTick wind instrument.
Attachments
The NMEA 0183 Information Sheet.pdf
(801.07 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
1984 round-mast Freedom 25
Western Shore of the Chesapeake