Pedestal mount engine controls

Engines, Drive trains, Propellers, Steering, Ground Tackle and other mechanical system
rvivian

Pedestal mount engine controls

Post by rvivian »

I bought the necessary parts from Edson to relocate the engine controls on my F-30 from the port cockpit wall to the steering pedestal.

But I have not yet been able to figure out how to route the control cables from the engine, over the quarterberth and up the pedestal without impinging on the berth.

Anyone done this or have pictures of how the cables have been routed in their F-30?

Thanks
Heart's Desire
Freedom 30
Shelton, WA

tnltracy

Re: Pedestal mount engine controls

Post by tnltracy »

Not sure how similar/ different they are, but on my Hoyt F32, they exit the pedestal to the rear into the lazaretto, then essentially loop back around and travel under the aft berth along with the water/exhaust/heater lines and hoses to the engine.
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

rvivian

Post by rvivian »

Thanks for the reply, but how tight a turning radius can those cables take coming down out of the pedestal and turning aft? The F-30 just has 2-1/2" depth in the box above the bed and under the cockpit.
Heart's Desire
Freedom 30
Shelton, WA

tnltracy

Post by tnltracy »

That sounds like the F32 setup as the pedestal sits above the rear berth. I'd guess about the same clearance, and they make the turn fine coming out of the bottom of the pedestal
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI