The Frankenmaker MK II

Engines, Drive trains, Propellers, Steering, Ground Tackle and other mechanical system
strathcarron

Re: The Frankenmaker MK II

Post by strathcarron »

George, and where are you going to put it? I only ask because I've just put a washing machine starboard and slight aft of the companion way steps (F40 CC too) - amazing what you can squeeze in when faced with prospect of more public Med landering!

THATBOATGUY

Re: The Frankenmaker MK II

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Hi Ian,

I'm installing the Frankenmaker in the engine room, starboard side. It will be lined up port/starboard so that the pulley on the refrigeration pump lines up with the front pulley on the Perkins 4-108. This gives us some redundancy. I'll also ad an electric motor that I can put on a 24 hour timer in case we want to leave the boat in a marina and do some inland sight seeing.

In fact I've goofed off enough today and I need to walk down to the boat and get busy in that hole again... oh the itchy scratchies... I hate fiberglass (but I love it).

I'm very glad to hear about your washer as I've been trying to talk my wife into putting one right in that spot! I have tabled the "discussion" and I figure after three or four loads at $12 per load in the Abacos she might be ready to discuss options again. heh heh

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage