Mack Pack

Camino

Mack Pack

Post by Camino »

I installed a Mack pack with new main - Mack pack has battens near the top by the zipper. The lazy jacks tie into those battens to keep the whole thing up and tight - mainsail has antal mast track system and the main drops like a rock right into the Mack pack. Mack is sending me a 18" end of boom ss bracket to tie the end of the Mack pack off to - that'll work even better. Problem was that the boom ended up being too high for me to start the zipper so I bought an ultra lightweight telescoping aluminum ladder (easily stows in one of the aft lazaretts) - so I pop out the ladder, put it on the cockpit deck with the one end resting on the dodgers aft grab rail and clamber up to stow the sail. Works good - pics to follow later.
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA

Riki

Re: Mack Pack

Post by Riki »

What type of boat do you have? We've been toying with the idea of getting a stack pack of some sort. Our sail cover is a pain.
1997 Freedom 40/40 Hull #27

Camino

Re: Mack Pack

Post by Camino »

1999 Freedom 35 (P) - with the original lazy jacks the sail would always drop over the outside edge of the lazy jacks and was always quite heavy! This is easier.
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA