F35 Which of the 3 reef points are most useful?

gamayun

Re: F35 Which of the 3 reef points are most useful?

Post by gamayun »

Camino wrote:On the rendezvous- Treasure Island raft-up sounds perfect. That is a tremendous anchorage for the night and we may be able to get in on the dinner at treasure island yacht club Saturday night. Is it possible to plan on sometime in October (week 2 or so? I'm out of town in 2 weeks). If we can get some dates I can check with Treasure yacht club on dinner availability. ?
That would be fun! Let's do it. With the redevelopment of Treasure Island in progress, they have torn down the Treasure Island Yacht Club and the grill that was next to it adjacent to the marina. Info on anchoring in the cove and where the club is now located is on their website (http://tiyc.org/?page_id=129). I am a member of Island Yacht Club, if they need a sponsoring club/reciprocal privileges. I am also in an Almar Marina in Oakland, which is the same as TI, so I have some connections to the marina, too. Shall we tentatively suggest Oct 14-15? I am free that weekend and Oct 28-29. Mike? Bill and Carole? Perhaps we can start a new thread here as well as on Cruisers Forum and Sailnet, where other Freedom owners are known to prowl...
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Goose13

Post by Goose13 »

If I'm in the area I'll bring my 33CK down from Vallejo. I'm sure I can make the 14-15OCT but not sure about the later weekend. I would love to see some other Freedoms and exchange experience and ideas.
Doug and Marie
Millennnium Falcon F33 CK cb #4
1980 wish bone booms Electric Drive

Camino

Post by Camino »

10/14-15 sounds excellent - guess its been over a year since I was in there as I didn't realize the clubhouse and grill are not there! Wine-tasting was pretty fun. Sounds like you have a handle on it gamayun :). My marina in Emeryville is also an Almar Marina and I'm a member of SSC which had reciprocity with TI I believe. I'll be back from NC a few days before- all good.

mike cunningham

Post by mike cunningham »

I am good for either proposed rendezvous dates. I think that would be a blast and would give me an incentive to get the boat presentable.
Mike Cunningham
Freedom 30 (Mull) Hull #3
Build date...June, 1986 . Freedom Yachts USA, sloop, shoal keel
Gun Mount and pole retrofitted (purchased from a Hoyt Freedom 32)
Yanmar 2gm20F , 1600 hrs fixed two blade prop
e-rud and ocean racing equipment

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

Hey gang! We are in if schedule remains as is current.

We are have sailed the boat often in our first year + of ownership. However, have yet to anchor out. And, no dinghy!

Not so minor details, but hardly insurmountable. We've had Clipper Cove on our 'must do' list. Sooner the better.
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Camino wrote:10/14-15 sounds excellent - guess its been over a year since I was in there as I didn't realize the clubhouse and grill are not there! Wine-tasting was pretty fun. Sounds like you have a handle on it gamayun :). My marina in Emeryville is also an Almar Marina and I'm a member of SSC which had reciprocity with TI I believe. I'll be back from NC a few days before- all good.
Ha! No way I'm going to take over the planning of this fine endeavor that you have already so capably offered to manage. I had my boat at TI for over a year and still stop in there from time to time, so I just keep up with what's happening. I will, however, be willing to do whatever you tell me you'd like for me to handle including making contacts, if need be. Only one cook needs to be in the kitchen, right? Just send me a PM or an email to carliane at seajayenv dot com. What about making a posting to CF and SN to find any other Freedom owners? I will also bring a dinghy that others can use. I am so looking forward to this!!!
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Camino

Post by Camino »

Lol - ok, I'll begin the contacting and let you all know from there!
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA

Camino

Post by Camino »

Sorry for not communicating last couple days - trying out the new reefing - worked really fine and it does really help to crank down the leach.

On the rendezvous- I called Treasure Island Yacht Club, Treasure Island Marina, and Treasure Island Development Authority
Treasure Island Yacht Club will talk about us at their board meeting tomorrow. I also completed a "cruise in" form. I'm initially numbering us at 12 people and 6 boats to raft/anchor. I know we can change these numbers so please chime in if you are in and how many people for 10/14-15 2017.

TIYC has a dinner Saturday night at $15 per person - sounds good. Wine tasting is there too and is good.

They can give us a couple of gate fobs too. We can dink over to the guest dock and clamber through the gate to the club (not sure where that is :). ).

If you have not anchored before and want to raft up - fine. We can walk you through that and/or anchoring. T I as I recall is 8-15' where we will be. Entering TI, please hang in close to the wharf and stay close to that side until well into Clipper Cove. Watch your depth :).

We should also start a thread on our cruising section.

Gamayun - can you put out a call on other forums?

Also TI Development - may be leary of too many boats anchoring I was told?? Don't really know what that means :). They have not called me back yet.
Last edited by Camino on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Hi Camino, great info. Thanks for doing all that checking. One small typo though -- the dates should be 10/14-10/15 (not the 24th and 25th). I will post a notice on the other sailing forums, too.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Camino

Post by Camino »

You are right!
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA