Plumbing on my F28 fixed keel cat ketch

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
weremeer

Plumbing on my F28 fixed keel cat ketch

Post by weremeer »

I recently bought an F 28 cat ketch and I looked under the floorboard and found the sink hose going into something that probably goes out of the boat. I wanted to change the old sink with a new one and change the hose. The boat is out of the water for winter. but I guess that my question is that hoses come out of places that cannot be reached unless major carpentry is involved,meaning taking off wooden walls etc. The water tank is completely enclosed and I do not know how to change the hoses. need help....? thanks.. John

1980raven

Re: Plumbing on my F28 fixed keel cat ketch

Post by 1980raven »

I just finished restoring my 1980 F28CK centerboard version. My galley is on the port side next to the companionway with the ice box aft of the sink and the freshwater tank in the port cockpit locker aft of the ice box. If the hose you are referring to is the 1.5" drain from the sink it should exit the port side below the waterline through a proper seacock. If the hoses you refer to "come out of places that cannot be reached" are the 5/8" hot and cold water line hoses. On my boat they run behind the ice chest and can be replaced by attaching the new hose to the old hose; using the old hose to pull in the new hose. Alternatively you can use the old hose to pull a line thru the space and use the line to pull in the new hose. Hope this helps. Art
Freedom 28 CK Hull# 14, centerboard, wrap around sails with WB booms
Narragansett Bay, RI

AlanK

Post by AlanK »

On my F33 the head sink drain is plumbed via a hose going back to the galley sink drain which goes down to a thru hull. The hose from the head goes on the port side along side the holding tank. For access one must unscrew and remove the bunk cover. Not sure if its the same on the 28.

weremeer

Post by weremeer »

good advise, thanks