Narragansett Bay Get Together 2015

Craig

Re: Narragansett Bay Get Together 2015

Post by Craig »

The get together is almost here.
A list of boat name and a channel on which to hail each other would be good.
We are ReJoyce (named after my wife Joyce).
Alternatively we can just hail "Freedom Rendezvous."
Rather than 16 or 9, we should pick a VHF channel.

Should we try to do a pot luck appetizer and beer or dessert?
I would consider using our cockpit as it is probably the largest.
We can also bring "cards against humanity' for some fun.

Craig

1980raven

Post by 1980raven »

Craig an other attendees. I know Tom is off sailing till Saturday so I'll suggest we use VHF channel 72. Our boat name Raven (black 28" ck). Other attendees feel free to add your names.
Art & Terry
Freedom 28 CK Hull# 14, centerboard, wrap around sails with WB booms
Narragansett Bay, RI

Craig

Post by Craig »

So 72 it is. If nothing else, we can still hail "Freedom Rendezvous."
Bring cameras so we can try to exchange pictures of our boats under sail.
The weather is supposed to be great.

Craig

Ereiss

Post by Ereiss »

despite my prior optimism about attending, our recent house sale and move has gotten in the way. Hopefully if it occurs again I can join you.

Pictures, please.
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA

F32Circle

Post by F32Circle »

Count me in. Circle is a 1985 Hoyt F32 Hull #67, white with blue canvas. We'll be on a mooring Friday and Saturday nights. Will try to check in and monitor ch 72. Appetizer/chips and beer or a glass of wine sounds delightful. And the other ideas do too. Thanks, Craig, for offering your cockpit.
F32 Hull #67, Saybook CT.
Yanmar 3GMF, Loose-footed Main, MaxProp, Ronca, Muir windlass,
Heart Interface inverter/charger, SeaFrost

midnightsailor

Post by midnightsailor »

I'll be coming from GREENPORT leaving fri am bound for block and the. Sat morning I'll leave block bound for Dutch Harbor . I'm aboard Seasop a F33 with green canvas .,it will be just me and my first mate Jack the dog! See yA , Rick
1982 Freedom 33 Cat Ketch, Hull # 53, Standard Booms, deep keel ,tall rig
An armed man is a citizen, An unarmed man is a subject. George Washington

F32Circle

Post by F32Circle »

Were here, at 5 pm Friday. Anyone else arrived yet? We're on mooring S-4. Will monitor ch 72, or call 203-605-9629.
Dale
Hoyt F32 Circle
F32 Hull #67, Saybook CT.
Yanmar 3GMF, Loose-footed Main, MaxProp, Ronca, Muir windlass,
Heart Interface inverter/charger, SeaFrost

tnltracy

2015 First Annual Freedom Narragansett Bay Get Together

Post by tnltracy »

Thanks everyone who attended this weekend, and those who also joined us by chance, being at Dutch Harbor over the weekend. We had a fine showing with at least 9 Freedoms in attendance representing 5 model lines and 15 years of production. Here's the stats I captured with a few open questions for the details I missed:

TY, 1984 32, Tom & Liela & Swab Lucy
Circle, 1985 32, Mary Ann, Dale and Tripp
Carina, 1986 32, Bob & Laura
Raven, 1980? 28CK, Art & Terry
Seasop, 1982 33CK, Rick & first mate Jack
??, 198? 28CK, Local folks in DH mooring
ReJoyce, 1995 40/40, Craig & Joyce
Liberté, 1989 36/38, Jeremy & Kendra
??, 199? 35, Local folks on DH mooring
Honorary Attendee: Dave Balfour, former Freedom Service Manager & First Mate Champagne

We had a casual gathering early afternoon, initially getting together on Carina for a snack and introductions. Those who have followed Bob's threads over the years will remember that this is the Hoyt F32 that sailed to Hawaii and more recently joined a race to Bermuda and back. Who says these boats aren't blue water boats??

We made our way over to DH Boat Yard late afternoon for Tacos at Talullas Shack, meeting a couple additional Freedom owners who call DH home, followed by a walk to Jamestown for a bit of shopping. Several folks made the -1/2 NM row to the docks and back, with Circle providing a ferry to some folks as well.

In the evening, several of us gathered on ReJoyce for cheese, wine and snacks, as well as a tour of the 40/40. Craig and Joyce have a beautiful Freedom with some great stories of their travels. A good time was had by all.

Sunday morning a few folks headed back to Jamestown for breakfast, while some toured the cove and shores. First Mate Jack also took an unplanned swim off of Seasop. Departures began around 11:00 with some folks headed out of the bay, and a others headed north to our home ports. After a week on the water with stops in Cuttyhunk, Marion and Vineyard Haven, the crew of TY was ready for some R&R, and happy to be home.

Thanks again everyone who joined us, and we look forward to future gatherings, as well as the opportunity to sail together for those nearby in the meantime.

If everyone tho attended can PM me their email addresses, I will get us on a thread to exchange photos as I have quite a few. I will post some here as well as I get them sized down to meet site requirements.
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

Craig

Post by Craig »

This should definitely be an annual event, and maybe a whole weekend thing. We did not get to express our raunchier sides by playing Cards Against Humanity as we were having too much fun just talking on our boat after dinner. If we do a longer get together, perhaps a fun race with PHRF ratings. NOTHING serious, just a little around the beer can jaunt.
We didn't catch the wind heading out to Jamestown, but we flew home at 6.5-7 knots and made it from Dutch Harbor to the Barrington River in 2 hours which was quite fun.
Thanks to everyone who made this possible

yarrow

Post by yarrow »

When will the next gtging be, maybe an Oct Block gtging?
cheers,
yarrow
82' F25 winged spar, inboard diesel
95' B3 I-14
providence RI