Mast Track

ScottBBrown

Mast Track

Post by ScottBBrown »

I have a F28 CK standard boom fixed keel boat. The mast track is a T shaped track, I assume it is a standard item. I see a lot of posts about going to the Tides strong track.
Is anyone still using the T track. Mines seems to be hard to raise and lower. I'm thinking about replacing the sails, but the strong track almost doubles the cost.
Thoughts and opinions?
Scott Brown
F28 CK Traditional booms and old worn out sails.
OKC, OK USA

CrazyRU

Re: Mast Track

Post by CrazyRU »

Do you mean you have T track or T shaped slides with the track being square tube with a slot? I have f28 CK and my track is square. The slugs are T shaped. I do apply teflon dry spray grease couple times over a season. (Sailcote is expensive version of Teflon grease from west marine. The same grease from Loves costs half less) With the grease, I can bring sails all the way up by hands and I use a winch just for a few final turns.
CR
s/v "NEMO" - Freedom 28 Cat Ketch centerboard

wcwcwc

Post by wcwcwc »

Hi Ed:
You might try an impact driver assuming that you don't find a nut underneath. A hand held drive you hit with a hammer is effective (sometimes) and inexpensive. You will need a bit that really fits the screw head.
Bill Cormack
Formerly Sailing F-36 "Hard Earned" out of New Bedford Yacht Club, Padanaram, MA. Now a member of Pelagic Sailing Club a New England based club whose members are about half boat owners and half crew.

ScottBBrown

Post by ScottBBrown »

This is what my sail slugs look like. A small shackle attaches around the bolt rope and passes through the raise "hoop" portion of this.
Attachments
Sail slug.jpg
Sail slug.jpg (52.35 KiB) Viewed 4228 times
Scott Brown
F28 CK Traditional booms and old worn out sails.
OKC, OK USA