GUN MOUNT

Zengirl

GUN MOUNT

Post by Zengirl »

I'm curious to know how many people actually use the spinnaker. My Freedom32 is fairly new to me and I am fairly new to sailing. I'm 75 yrs old and the most I will be doing is up and down the east coast NY to FL and when I get brave enough the Caribbean. That gun mount weights a ton. How often would I use it? If I decide to sell it, what should I price it at? Thanks for your thoughts. :D

F32Circle

Re: GUN MOUNT

Post by F32Circle »

Okay, we very rarely fly our spinnaker, but I’m happy to have the capability.
Also we carry our 9’6” rib dinghy on davits so the boat is already a bit low in the stern. I wouldn’t want to remove significant weight from the bow.
When you want to resell the boat it will be more desirable with the gun mount intact.

Dale
F32 Hull #67, Saybook CT.
Yanmar 3GMF, Loose-footed Main, MaxProp, Ronca, Muir windlass,
Heart Interface inverter/charger, SeaFrost

Zengirl

Post by Zengirl »

There's enough weight in the bow with30 gallons of water. Plus another 30 gallons starboard, same side as the mount. I think I'm just gonna sell it. It's in the way.

Salacia

Post by Salacia »

When we had a 30, we flew the spinaker frequently. It was a breeze. We couldn’t see well under the spinaker so we had the sailmaker take off the bottom two panels. Visibility was improved greatly. Once rigged you fly it with two fingersl Now have a P35 with an asymmetrical. More effort but great speed.d
Stephen Lee
Salacia
F35 Pedrick
Marblehead MA and Rockland ME

F32Circle

Post by F32Circle »

Starboard? Our F32 carries the pole on the port side. What about other 32s
F32 Hull #67, Saybook CT.
Yanmar 3GMF, Loose-footed Main, MaxProp, Ronca, Muir windlass,
Heart Interface inverter/charger, SeaFrost