Bay Area meet up

Camino

Re: Bay Area meet up

Post by Camino »

Stephanie and I are for a slip on the November date. Also need to hear from goose 13. We are up for another raft up in late October. We are up for talking with all you shtp peoples

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Great! It sounds like Goodway and Selkie are confirmed. Anyone else? Only crickets from Jacqueline so far.....

I'll send a note out to the other SHTP sailors, too.
Last edited by gamayun on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

We'd be interested. October is booked but proposed November weekend currently free in our calendar. Probably a slip advised for us. Our last anchoring experience left a lot to be desired. Ha!
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

BillSmith wrote:We'd be interested. October is booked but proposed November weekend currently free in our calendar. Probably a slip advised for us. Our last anchoring experience left a lot to be desired. Ha!
Oh my gosh, our "friend"from that experience left me scarred :o but it was a good learning experience. I have you down for a slip for Nov 10-11. Can everyone who's asked for a slip send me your length and beam? Does anyone need electricity? One of the slips is on a side tie. The marina will need registration and insurance. The charge is $1.50/ft, but let me see if I can get a discount for bringing in multiple boats.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Nengaku

Post by Nengaku »

S/V Selkie is 36x12.5 ft. I can do without electricity. Side tie is fine for me if that helps.
Roger Cunningham
S/V Selkie
San Francisco

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

OK, this is shaping up nicely! I emailed the other SHTP sailors and heard that Jacqueline (F30) will coming, too. Yay :D :D :D I was also told that there is a a schooner-rigged F44 (or maybe it's a 45?) over at Fortmans Marina. Does anyone know if this skipper is on the forum? Someone from the SSS was going to get word to him that he is invited, too.

Has anyone heard from Goose or Scott? What about SFBaysailor? Let's all ping them. Who else is in the area?

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up. Kynntana is a supreme wreck right now with so many repairs going on, but I am hoping to have that all squared away by the time we meet up :oops:

By the way, if anyone would prefer to not stay in the marina, there are some quiet spots nearby that I can recommend. There's been on-going crack down on illegal anchor-outs, but for one night, no one will pay attention.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

ketch22

Post by ketch22 »

Will there be any guest slips for 'less than overnight' stays?

I'd like to bring Ketch 22, but I'll have to leave on the 10th around 4. Maybe there will be an early happy hour? Or something like that?

tm

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

ketch22 wrote:Will there be any guest slips for 'less than overnight' stays?

I'd like to bring Ketch 22, but I'll have to leave on the 10th around 4. Maybe there will be an early happy hour? Or something like that?

tm
Yes, absolutely :D Can't wait to hear about your travels and the new place!! I will send you instructions on where to tie up, which is likely going to be at the end of my fairway along the main dock there. This would be a good place for a temporary tie up, but I'll check in with the harbor office to confirm. What is your length and beam?

I'll also monitor ch 16 and 9, and then whoever is coming in and would like a hand, give me a hail on ch 69 to meet you. I'll have more info later on the slip numbers. As to happy hour, I think as soon as we have a gathering of at least 3, we should call it Happy Hour. There are several people from SSS attending, too, so I'll just let everyone know we are starting at 2:00 with hors d'oeuvres and with the BBQs getting warmed up around 6:00 or so.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

We are in. Let me know what I need to do regarding slip rental. Electricity would be nice, boat best heated by electric, but not essential.

Definitely want to hear the bold and retold tails of the SHTP and all else. Our sail plan would be to leave Coyote Point early Saturday morning, depart on Sunday in time to arrive back before nightfall.

Great day in the South Bay today. Wind prediction was <10 kts. Wrong. We were reefed and doing 7+ kts out-and-back to SFO Airport. Got to simulate man-over drill with a ball cap overboard. Saved, rinsed and will repeat, when retainer strap is forgotten...again.

***Edit to add:*** SweeTART is 35.5 ft. x 12 ft. and draws 6.5 ft.
Last edited by BillSmith on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

ketch22

Post by ketch22 »

All sounds great!

Ketch 22 is 39' X12.5'. She draws 5.5'.

tm