Freedom 28/30 Staysails for sale

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
Sally Peake

Freedom 28/30 Staysails for sale

Post by Sally Peake »

I have just sold my Freedom 28 which we junk-rigged over twenty years ago. I have found that we have an original Freedom sailbag containing two virtually unused staysails, one lightweight (0.75oz) and one 1.25oz weight sailcloth. The sails have been stored in the dry for all of this time. I took the sails to Solent Sails in Cowes who said that both sails were in excellent condition and definitely worth offering for sale. They suggested that each sail should have a value of around £150. I would be delighted to know that they had found a good home so all sensible offers will be considered. Our Freedom 28 was built by Tillotson Pearson in the US in 1980 and brought to the UK as a demonstrator so the finish was beautiful. We understand that the fitting out was carried out in the UK; the staysails were made by Miller & Whitworth, England. If anyone is interested, please do get in touch. Depending on where you are based, I could get some idea of postage charges from the UK. Please contact me by e-mail on sallye.peake@btinternet.com for any further info or to make an offer.