1988 36 Cat/Sloop in San Francisco Bay for sale

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
Nengaku

1988 36 Cat/Sloop in San Francisco Bay for sale

Post by Nengaku »

I am very sad to announce that my beloved S/V Selkie is on the market. I bought her in 2013 here in Alameda and since then have done extensive upgrades preparing her for blue water cruising. Added equipment includes Monitor self steering (including spares and storm vane), Icom M802 SSB(opened ham bands if you are licensed), all new anchoring system including electric windlass with remote, dedicated group 31 battery and charger, 300 ft new rode, 40 ft of new chain, new swivel, new Rocna 44, new chain hook and yoke, new self adjusting anchor buoy/trip line. All of this ground tackle is brand new. New mainsail and spinnaker (spinnaker only used five times). Replaced refrigerator compressor. Brand new propane cabin heater (catalytic). Two VHF radios plus additional floating handheld. New Portland Pudgy unsinkable dinghy (stored with factory cover). An extremely professional and well engineered full cockpit enclosure with heavy stainless tubing for foul weather/northern latitudes sailing. Boat sails easily with enclosure completely zipped up. Three solar panels provide 125 watts. Too many details to list here. She has been professionally cleaned every three weeks, had her bottom scrubbed every other month, and total engine service annually. My dream of blue water sailing with her will, unfortunately, remain only a dream. I hope another sailor will realize it in her. She is listed at $97k. She was professionally surveyed two years ago and valued at $120k. I have invested at least $5k more since then not including a $4,500 bottom job in January of this year. Contact me for further information at 315-600-6022. Leave a message and I’ll return your call.
Attachments
3D0E75FD-3C0F-4781-90D5-D9191EA244EB.jpeg
3D0E75FD-3C0F-4781-90D5-D9191EA244EB.jpeg (3.1 MiB) Viewed 1430 times
Roger Cunningham
S/V Selkie
San Francisco