Looking for Freedom 40 ketch aft cockpit

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
suspect67

Looking for Freedom 40 ketch aft cockpit

Post by suspect67 »

After losing two boats to lazy brokers I’m looking for one of the early design 40’s in the aft cockpit center board layouts. I’m not afraid of putting in some work, would prefer something on the east coast or gulf so I can get it back to Lake Superior eventually. I would consider a center cockpit. Any help is much appreciated. I am not looking to spend more than $35,000. I don’t know if this seems low, but on a boat that I can’t even insure it seems reasonable, let me know if I need an education!

suspect67

Re: Looking for Freedom 40 ketch aft cockpit

Post by suspect67 »

Or any advise on these particular vessels would be highly appreciated also!

seadago

Post by seadago »

Only advice is patience. I've been looking for one of those too for a while. Very hard to come by. And those in good nick tend to fetch well over 50k. :shock:
Rafael
s/v Nausikaa
SSR 30570, sail GBR 4619L
F30 CK (Hoyt), wishbones, centreboard, G10 rig. Built by Fairways Marine, Humble, UK, '82
Beta 16 hp with two-blade prop

suspect67

Post by suspect67 »

Thanks seadago! I will! I’ll let you know if I find any

katorpus

Post by katorpus »

I don't understand your comment about being unable to insure the boat.
Mine is aft cockpit Freedom 40 Cat Ketch Hull #61 (of 63), located in Corpus Christi.
Upon original delivery, the masts were shipped back to the factory and "standard boooms" fitted to replace the wishbones.
I've had this boat continuously insured through Boat/US since I bought it in about 1998.
Age & infirmities have had me thinking of selling lately, but not for $35,000

seadago

Post by seadago »

katorpus wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:46 am
I don't understand your comment about being unable to insure the boat.
Mine is aft cockpit Freedom 40 Cat Ketch Hull #61 (of 63), located in Corpus Christi.
Upon original delivery, the masts were shipped back to the factory and "standard boooms" fitted to replace the wishbones.
I've had this boat continuously insured through Boat/US since I bought it in about 1998.
Age & infirmities have had me thinking of selling lately, but not for $35,000
Hi Katorpus. Ok, there may be an interested buyer or two. If you let me know your boat specs and price, we can talk.
Rafa
Rafael
s/v Nausikaa
SSR 30570, sail GBR 4619L
F30 CK (Hoyt), wishbones, centreboard, G10 rig. Built by Fairways Marine, Humble, UK, '82
Beta 16 hp with two-blade prop

suspect67

Post by suspect67 »

I too would be interested. Last time I checked for insurance nobody was offering anything on boats older than 30 years. You may be insured because your policy predates the moritorium.

F32Circle

Post by F32Circle »

Regarding insurance, I have had good coverage and great service at a reasonable price on insurance through the U S Power Squadron program. Its administered by McGriff Seibels & Williams agency (800-476-2211) with Atlantic Specialty Insurance Co as the current underwriter. Find your local Power Squadron chapter or join the national organization. They do some good things.
F32 Hull #67, Saybook CT.
Yanmar 3GMF, Loose-footed Main, MaxProp, Ronca, Muir windlass,
Heart Interface inverter/charger, SeaFrost

RonR

Post by RonR »

I have good insurance on my 39' boat (not a Freedom) at a very reasonable price, through State Farm. My boat turned 50 last year. With a good recent survey the age was a non-issue.