Selling my 1983 freedom 33 cat ketch

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
Guero

Selling my 1983 freedom 33 cat ketch

Post by Guero »

I am reluctantly seeking my freedom 33 after taking a job in Florida. I can't afford to bring it down from Texas. It's close to galveston. Has a couple of small leaks at port light, hatch and mast but otherwise in excellent condition.

jd

StuartSailor

Re: Selling my 1983 freedom 33 cat ketch

Post by StuartSailor »

More information please.
What is your price.
Any pictures or other helpful info?

StuartSailor

Post by StuartSailor »

Is she listed anywhere?

Guero

Post by Guero »

Sorry for the late response. I didn't have the notify me button on to let me know I had some responses. I'm only able to attach three pics at a time but can email any individual more pics if interested. I've attached 3. I have not listed it anywhere yet and will be honest, I have only had the boat about a year and may not know all of the details on equipment and whatnot but will do my best to answer any questions. The boat has not sailed since I have had but it did do the Harvest Moon from Galveston to Corpus Christi and back in Fall of 2021 without any problems. I motored it to it's current location in January of last year and the engine has been started every week since then. Please let me know if interested in any more information.
Thank You,
jd
Attachments
exterior 3 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
exterior 3 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg (2.43 MiB) Viewed 4419 times
cabin 3 - Copy - Copy.jpg
cabin 3 - Copy - Copy.jpg (3.69 MiB) Viewed 4419 times
cockpit 1 with lines - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
cockpit 1 with lines - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 4419 times

Guero

Post by Guero »

Sorry for the late response. I didn't have the notify me button on to let me know I had some responses. I'm only able to attach three pics at a time but can email any individual more pics if interested. I've attached 3. I have not listed it anywhere yet and will be honest, I have only had the boat about a year and may not know all of the details on equipment and whatnot but will do my best to answer any questions. The boat has not sailed since I have had but it did do the Harvest Moon from Galveston to Corpus Christi and back in Fall of 2021 without any problems. I motored it to it's current location in January of last year and the engine has been started every week since then. Please let me know if interested in any more information.
Thank You,
jd

Guero

Post by Guero »

Also, asking $35K and that is taking into consideration some of the bad that I can discuss in more detail if interested. For example, some of the interior wood around a few port lights needs repaired when re sealing the port lights, small vertical crack on starboard side above the water line. decorative wood rot next to anchor storage, small mast and hatch leaks, gel coat could use refreshing and auto pilot doesn't work. Engine works great, not sure of total hours, battery and charger recently replaced, cooler is great, electronics work great, exterior wood in great shape, sails and covers in great shape. there are some canvas boat covers but I was never able to figure out how the go on the boat so I just put them in storage and they are also in great shape. There are two navigation systems, one portable and one stationary (one better for night and one for day due to different light brightness). I'm trying to put together a much better list but I'm doing it from afar and with the help of friends in the marina where it is located close to Houston. In my opinion and I'm sure there are plenty of folks on this site that can give their opinion that is much more valuable, this is a later model that "fixed" all of what was not working in the earlier models. It does not have the centerboard but rather a full keel so there is more space in the cabin. Hope this information helps anyone interested.
Thanks Again,
jd

LydieB

Post by LydieB »

Hi, I am looking to purchase a Freedom 33. I like the fact that yours has a full keel without a centerboard. Would you consider doing a video walk-through ?

I'm in Tampa Bay so it would be very far to come see without having lots more photos of the interior and exterior, lockers, electrics, motor, features etc. as well as a list of what comes with the boat.

If I feel confident, it's a solid boat, i would definitely make an offer.

Cordially
Lydie

Guero

Post by Guero »

Hi Lydie,

Yes we can organize a walk through. I'm not in the area but my buddy can totally do that for us. How can I pass my info on to you?
Thank you,
Johnnie

LydieB

Post by LydieB »

Hi Johnnie ,
I just emailed you about that .
Thanks .