Cheap Rebuild Kits

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
THATBOATGUY

Cheap Rebuild Kits

Post by THATBOATGUY »

I have not tried them yet but I will be ordering our rebuild kit for Marquesa's 4-108 from these folks.

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

Michel

Re: Cheap Rebuild Kits

Post by Michel »

This is indeed really cheap; do you think the parts are any good?
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Yes I do. I recieved a top end gasket set from them and it's all quality stuff. Just wish it had come with a synthetic rubber valve cover gasket rather than cork. I've been having good luck dousing them with permatex ultrablack before assembly but you need a new gasket every time you open up for a valve lash adjustment. The head gasket though is modern and top shelf. The set included all the gaskets needed for the task including umbrella seals for the valve stems. They assume that you are doing a valve job.

George

Michel

Post by Michel »

as far as I can see the kit has no parts for the fuel injection; I would think replacing the nozzles and return tube is part of an overhaul.
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Michel wrote:as far as I can see the kit has no parts for the fuel injection; I would think replacing the nozzles and return tube is part of an overhaul.
Ordinarily fuel injectors and injector pump go to the specialty shop when I rebuild. I've had a pop off gauge before but too cumbersome to bring on the boat when I went cruising so I sold it.

George

Michel

Post by Michel »

For the Volvo Penta in my F33 I just bought new injection nozzles, having them fixed at a specialty shop was almost as expensive. That surprised me because Volvo Penta parts are generally quite expensive.