Bay Area meet up

BillSmith

Re: Bay Area meet up

Post by BillSmith »

Thanks for doing the leg work. Am currently out of the Bay Area in the 'State of Jefferson' visiting daughter. Can send all info to listed email address Thursday.

What can we bring? I have some moonshine that is 123 proof. It's sea blue in color. If no one cares to sip it, could use for BBQ lighter fluid. :lol:
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

BillSmith wrote:Thanks for doing the leg work. Am currently out of the Bay Area in the 'State of Jefferson' visiting daughter. Can send all info to listed email address Thursday.

What can we bring? I have some moonshine that is 123 proof. It's sea blue in color. If no one cares to sip it, could use for BBQ lighter fluid. :lol:
Moonshine, huh? That brings to mind my early growing up days in Tallahassee, Florida. But that stuff was never blue. Blue Curacao was blue! I'm sure we can figure out something for it though. I was thinking if everyone could bring an appetizer, a small side dish to share for dinner, and then whatever you might like to put on the grill for yourselves. I'm also bringing beer and wine.

FYI - I am part of the Alameda County Sheriff's dive team and we have a training event Saturday morning starting at 8:00. We're actually going to sink a convertible off the boat ramp at Jack London Aquatic Center, which you'll pass coming into Oakland Marinas. It's near the 5th Street Marina. We are going to practice putting lift bags on the car -- not so easy in total blackness. If anyone comes early (say, before noon), there's a dock at the entrance to JLAC that I'm sure you could temporarily tie up to and watch the shenanigans. Don't come too far into that cove because it gets super shallow. If you don't see a pile of people all dressed in blue or dive gear at the boat ramp, then we've likely finished. Feel free to call me to find out our status or to send me your ETA so I can meet you at the dock.

It looks like a great weekend for sailing!! See you all then.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

bad

Post by bad »

So is there room for one more couple of two... by car? We have our F40 CC all taken apart but would love to mingle with everyone.

Is the evening of the 10th for dinner the best time to show up?

Erik and Evi

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

bad wrote:So is there room for one more couple of two... by car? We have our F40 CC all taken apart but would love to mingle with everyone.

Is the evening of the 10th for dinner the best time to show up?

Erik and Evi
Absolutely there's room. It'll be great to have two more Freedom owners and to hear what you're doing with the F40. Come over any time early afternoon (maybe around 1:00 or so?) because the couple on Ketch 22 have to leave by 4:00. See you then!
Kynntana, Freedom 38

mike cunningham

Post by mike cunningham »

Carliane,

I'm heading up tomorrow (Friday) and will arrive Bay late Friday night. I'll anchor out at China Camp or TI Friday but was wondering how to work the dock situation Saturday morning. Call the harbormaster ahead of arrival for slip assignment or??

Mike
Mike Cunningham
Freedom 30 (Mull) Hull #3
Build date...June, 1986 . Freedom Yachts USA, sloop, shoal keel
Gun Mount and pole retrofitted (purchased from a Hoyt Freedom 32)
Yanmar 2gm20F , 1600 hrs fixed two blade prop
e-rud and ocean racing equipment

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

mike cunningham wrote:Carliane,

I'm heading up tomorrow (Friday) and will arrive Bay late Friday night. I'll anchor out at China Camp or TI Friday but was wondering how to work the dock situation Saturday morning. Call the harbormaster ahead of arrival for slip assignment or??

Mike
Yes, give them a call (510-834-4591). I'll also stop by today and see if they have slip assignments I can post. Alternatively, you could temporarily side tie at the entrance to the first fairway right after Motel 6. Then you can get a key at the Marina office which is the two-story building outside the left gates.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Please don't let me forget that I have your SSS Corinthian race trophy. Picked it up last night. Don Martin (Crinan II) is our new commodore. He should be at the picnic too.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

At this juncture, we must list ourselves as MAYBE. Another fire in Butte County, Paradise/Magalia area. Our humble abode is not directly effected, but this recent fire may give rise to PG&E making good on shutting power to outlying areas of Butte and other locales. I'd like to avoid returning to a refrigerator of zombie meat and rotting veggies, though surely a small price to pay in comparison to what others faced in Santa Rosa, Redding and will in this current blaze.

Can update when I can glean more information from various news sources. If you know anyone in the area, evacuations are taking place in most of Paradise and the surrounding area. Skyway is four-lanes westbound only coming down to Chico.
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

So sorry to hear, Bill, keep us posted. Some big wind just started blowing through Oakland about an hour ago and I think the Emergency Notification from yesterday said we will be under Red Alert status until Saturday. Everyone....please be safe wherever you are!
Kynntana, Freedom 38

mike cunningham

Post by mike cunningham »

Yea, very heavy wind out on the Delta today as well. A big dust storm with all the dirt blowing off recently plowed fields. Wind is blowing Northerly with less West in it than usual.
Mike Cunningham
Freedom 30 (Mull) Hull #3
Build date...June, 1986 . Freedom Yachts USA, sloop, shoal keel
Gun Mount and pole retrofitted (purchased from a Hoyt Freedom 32)
Yanmar 2gm20F , 1600 hrs fixed two blade prop
e-rud and ocean racing equipment