Paul Dennis Article in Aug 2019 "Points East"

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
unfetteredalexandria

Paul Dennis Article in Aug 2019 "Points East"

Post by unfetteredalexandria »

I happened to be in Portland (ME) in August and a colleague who also sails naturally picked up a copy of the free boating rag "Points East" to browse the scene. I had spied a F25 a bit like mine in the mooring field off the Fort at the east end of town, and had pointed it out to my colleague. I guess because of this, a nice little interview with Paul Dennis in the magazine caught his eye, and he sent it to me. I have been meaning to scan the article and post it here ever since, but only today finally got to it!

Not being located in southern NE, I've never had a chance to meet Paul, but there have been many posts in this forum attesting to his continued dedication to our community, and through these I guess I've picked up a vicarious connection to Paul. This article finally let me put a face with the name. I hope others will enjoy it!
Attachments
PaulDennis_PointsEastAug2019.pdf
Paul Dennis in Points East Aug 2019
(536.54 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
1984 round-mast Freedom 25
Western Shore of the Chesapeake

bobr

Re: Paul Dennis Article in Aug 2019 "Points East"

Post by bobr »

Just wanted to say "thanks for sharing."

We are very fortunate to have Paul and others with a background in these boats to help us keep them afloat!
Bob R.
1995 Freedom 35 (Pedrick)
"Liberty"
Old Saybrook, CT

gulfcoastsailor

Re: Paul Dennis Article in Aug 2019 "Points East"

Post by gulfcoastsailor »

Thanks for sharing. I have talked by phone and ordered from Mr. Dennis. Wish there was a Freedom book that he wrote. Imagine the knowledge.
p.s. Always nice to read a review of a sistership to my F-32. Even if it was just part of the article.
Chip

"Encore"
Freedom 32
1985 #72