Freedom 32 in NC?

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Davidu

Freedom 32 in NC?

Post by Davidu »

Good day to you all, I am boat shopping and have my eye set on a hoyt 32. Unfortunately I am in Wilmington NC and all of the Freedom 32's I find for sale are 6 or 700 miles away!

I was wondering if there was anyone a few hundred miles closer to me with a Freedom 32 that would mind giving me a tour? maybe chat about the boat? I would be happy to compensate you for your troubles with a growler of local brew or whatever i could to entice your charity.

Heck a mull 30 or 32 would be a step in the right direction.

I would love the chance to find out if freedom is the boat for me before i burn all the carbon driving to NJ or Pensacola !

Thanks to you all in advance

TomBianca

Re: Freedom 32 in NC?

Post by TomBianca »

We are in Chesapeake area and have Freedom 45cc and in about 30 days hope to add a F32 Mull to the fleet. Tom

Davidu

Post by Davidu »

Good to hear from you Tom. Are you inheriting a second boat or just found a deal to good to pass up.

I may be making a big trip up through the northeast at the end of the month looking at boats if i cant find anything closer.

Robert

Post by Robert »

I have a 1985 Hoyt in Norfolk if you are interested.

Robert
Robert

s/y 'Magic' - 1985 Hoyt F32

Davidu

Post by Davidu »

ooo

now we are talking, Norfolk is a day trip

lets see if i can make this thing send a private message with my contact info :geek:

NeuBerner

Post by NeuBerner »

I know it is about 5 and 1/2 years since last post on this thread; however, I have the same question. I am a wannabe sailor in New Bern, NC, interested in seeing what ~30 ' Freedoms (Hoyt 32, Mull 30, or Mull 32) are like in real-life vs on line listings.

I will match Davidu's offer of local brew in exchange for boat tour and conversation, with appropriate for the times mask and social distancing.

gulfcoastsailor

Post by gulfcoastsailor »

The Hoyt 32 is for you! Just make sure you are starting with a sound hull and deck. Take a look at YW. There is what appears to be a great deal on a F32 @ $20K.
Long way but even with transport it could be a safe bet.
Chip

"Encore"
Freedom 32
1985 #72