Support Paul Dennis

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
svnirvana

Support Paul Dennis

Post by svnirvana »

We spent 6 weeks at Paul Dennis’ place. An experience I’ll never forget. For all you who have ever benefited from his know-how, and for the treasure of a resource he is (and if it isn’t all of you or should or will be!) please support his willingness to help us all as long as he has. It is a labor of love for him (I now know more things about Freedoms than I ever would have thought I would) but he’s retirement age. So don’t wait to learn what you can about, and extend the life of, your boat.
Because it’s “not in his nature” to charge for the 2+ calls he patiently advises on that he gets every day, I want to alert you all to a PayPal button on the WarrenRiverBoatworks website. Support his amazing generosity.
Work done:
Most by ourselves (how many yards will expertly supervise your work??): all demo, replaced holding tank with freshwater tank, solidified sole areas that had delaminated, new hatches and ports, spartite mast, rope clutches and half of the headliner, deck grab bar, lower rudder bearing, bottom paint, jack line deck and cockpit fittings, new raw water pump… by Paul and crew: larger raw water seacock, new masthead with wind instrument, new padding on new wire harness in mast, everything on boom (like aluminum welds on end fittings to replace worn areas, wind display and seatalk ng backbone, exhaust elbow, new battery to alternator wire, new prop shaft, bottom sanding, new foredeck:steaming light, new antenna and anchor light (all LED) scratch repairs and awlgrip touch up painting, gave us endless fittings, trim pieces and fasteners for things like our water maker install, etc.
one thing we didn’t do but broke 2 days later (so should have) was the upgrade of forestay from 3/16” to 1/4”.

RadioZephyr

Re: Support Paul Dennis

Post by RadioZephyr »

Here here.

Paul is an endless source of knowledge, and being able to benefit from his decades of experience has been invaluable for me. While I’ve had him do a good amount of work over the years, what I’ve learned from him has allowed me to make a ton of really substantial improvements and repairs myself. I can confidently say that my boat would be much less cool if not for Paul. Additionally, I think that my knowledge about the construction of this boat and the skills I’ve learned about how to fix it has made me a significantly better sailor.
Josh
Sunset Spy
F38, Hull #152
Boston, MA