Circe - Freedom 40/40 - coming to her new home

TonyB

Circe - Freedom 40/40 - coming to her new home

Post by TonyB »

Hey folks,
here is Circe my new to me 1997 Freedom 40/40 Anniversary Edition, passing under the Golden Gate yesterday afternoon, almost 500 miles after leaving San Diego, on her way to her new home in Richmond, CA.
Circe_GGB_Small.png
Circe_GGB_Small.png (225.81 KiB) Viewed 6682 times
Circe_Delivery Track.jpg
Circe_Delivery Track.jpg (122.36 KiB) Viewed 6682 times
Tony
SV Circe 1997 Freedom 40/40 - Hull #20 - Richmond Yacht Club, Richmond, CA

Camino

Re: Circe - Freedom 40/40 - coming to her new home

Post by Camino »

Congratulations tonyb

Sweet pic too. Are you based now at RYC? I see you had a nonstop voyage up the coast from Santa Barbara. Was it 4 days for you?

Way to go
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Yay! I imagine that must feel good to get that delivery done. Welcome Circe to SF Bay!! Can't wait to see you guys out there :)
Kynntana, Freedom 38

TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Thanks Gamayun!

Camino - We did San Diego to Santa Barbara over a weekend - Friday we left SD and motored to Two Harbors on Catalina Island getting their after 14 hours exactly. The next day we left at 4am and motored/motorsailed to Santa Barbara in about 13 hours. That was about 190 miles total for the two days.

Then this weekend we left SB at midnight on Friday night, rounded Pt Conception at 6 am and continued up the coast arriving under the gate at about 5:15 PM on Sunday. Another hour into Richmond. So about 42 hours total. It was VERY fast. But conditions were VERY good. We had originally planned to stop at Monterey and go back next weekend, but we were ahead of schedule and the conditions were so good we just kept going.

I am and have been a member at RYC for several years. But am still on the waiting list for a 40' slip, the beam of the 40/40 being a major consideration....so currently I am next door at Brickyard Cove Marina. Are you at RYC?

Regards,
Tony
Tony
SV Circe 1997 Freedom 40/40 - Hull #20 - Richmond Yacht Club, Richmond, CA