F33 Center Board knocking

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Goose13

Re: F33 Center Board knocking

Post by Goose13 »

I arrived in the Bay two nights ago. I'm currently parked at the Berkeley Marina and might stay here for awhile. I'm currently trying to find a buyer for my old Yanmar so I can start my project.
Doug and Marie
Millennnium Falcon F33 CK cb #4
1980 wish bone booms Electric Drive

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Do you like to race? I will be racing on a friend's J-95 in the Berkeley YC Midwinters race this Sunday. Our fourth crew just dropped out because he forgot about another commitment. You could probably get a ride on another BYC boat that morning and then transfer over. We could bring you back. The awards party is that evening at BYC.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Suggest also giving a call to Hans at List Marine in Sausalito. He might know a possible buyer for the engine.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Goose13

Post by Goose13 »

I would love to crew, but I've all ready made plans for this weekend. Maybe next weekend.
Doug and Marie
Millennnium Falcon F33 CK cb #4
1980 wish bone booms Electric Drive

bad

Post by bad »

Carliane - we are based out of Brickyard Cove. Members if the RYC, where we keep our Wabbit. See you out there!

Gerald - I don't think the flat trailing edge is meant to be exposed. Not really a good shape. Another idea regarding the hole back there - especially if the board is meant to be removed from the top is - that there was a stop installed that meets up with a ledge inside the trunk and keeps the board from extending as far as it does now. Might make it quieter while sailing, too. Might keep the board in the boat if the pivot pin breaks. Pretty sure there is more stress on the board the further it extends. 12 years is a pretty good record to think it is ok. :)

Erik

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

bad wrote:Carliane - we are based out of Brickyard Cove. Members if the RYC, where we keep our Wabbit. See you out there!

Erik
How nice! Kynntana is not in the "winners race" for the BYC MIdwinters so I'll be taking her to Richmond for some running rigging work that I can't figure out on my own. I'll probably tie up at RYC Sunday morning around 10:30-11:00, and then go racing. I'll be back Sunday night and move her to Easom's in the morning. Maybe our paths will overlap.

Good luck on your projects, Goose! There is a fantastic community in the bay area so just start talking to anyone you meet and you're likely to get an abundance of friendly advice and assistance.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

bad

Post by bad »

Carliane - def. check in with John the harbor master cause Sunday is the Small Boat Midwinters and the first two docks closest to the club are not safe :). John can probably find you a real slip. We are suppose to be sailing in the regatta, too, so we'll try and find you. There should be an awards ceremony with snacks and drinkies in the afternoon, too. Winners invited.