Mast Collar

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
weirdofreedom

Mast Collar

Post by weirdofreedom »

Anyone know where I could get a new mast collar (cabin top) for my F32?

rafontaine1

Re: Mast Collar

Post by rafontaine1 »

Rich Fontaine
s/v Liberte
Freedom 36, 1986
Portsmouth, RI

weirdofreedom

Post by weirdofreedom »

rafontaine1 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:16 pm
Try Rigrite. https://www.rigrite.com/Spars/SparParts ... ollars.php
Thanks for that link. They panned out. Huge help mate!

rafontaine1

Post by rafontaine1 »

You are welcome. Glad it worked out for you. I tried to get a mast boot last spring from them and they were all out and lead time didn't match my launch date.
Rich Fontaine
s/v Liberte
Freedom 36, 1986
Portsmouth, RI

Tmack

Post by Tmack »

Hey can you tell me what exactly you got for your F32 and how it fits? Was it the Urethane Mast Collar Wedge at Rig-Rite? Details such as model and size would be appreciated. Thanks. Tom

weirdofreedom

Post by weirdofreedom »

Tmack wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:24 pm
Hey can you tell me what exactly you got for your F32 and how it fits? Was it the Urethane Mast Collar Wedge at Rig-Rite? Details such as model and size would be appreciated. Thanks. Tom
I have not purchased the Collar yet. I sent you a PM with more info on that. Rig-Rite does sell the wedges:

https://www.rigrite.com/Spars/SparParts/Mast_wedges.php

Jefffriday

Post by Jefffriday »

I tried and tried to get a new wedge ring from Rig rite, they just would not respond (kept saying they would call, never happened) I used Spar tight, worked really well. I had to make some trapezoidal-shaped wedges out of 3/8 HDPE with about a 5 degree cut to put between the studs for the collar and the mast to hold it perfectly straight before I poured the stuff in. I sealed the lower part with a piece of rubber tubing cut just right and smeared vaseline around the boat side and the tubing so the ring will stick to the mast and come out with the mast next time I pull it. The boat needs to be set so the hole is level, build up a dam around the top with the clay sent in the par tight kit so the wedge ends up 1/8th or a 3/16 above the deck so the ring can compress it when tightened down. Hope that helps