Introduction and G10 Question

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Sailing-61-North

Introduction and G10 Question

Post by Sailing-61-North »

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick hello and introduction. I recently acquired a 1981 Freedom 33 Cat Ketch. This will be my 4th sailboat, all previous ones were sloops. Therefore I have some new techniques to learn. With that said I will be spending the next year trying to get it ready for Summer 21. Season up here is short so I shall see what will get done during winter. Priority for me is to completely rewire the boat. Done that to every boat I have purchased. Second project and thus my question:

I will be replacing both sails and all the running rigging. I have been reading a few topic here on G-10 concept and that has strike my interest. I have downloaded Gio G-10 power point and am just looking to see if anyone has any further information or if anyone can recommend a sail maker that already has that in their system. I have used Precision Sail in British Columbia for the past two boats. Second part of this is the rigging schematic. I did download a document from the "Document-Manual -Nausikaa original rigging schedule - Freedom 30 ck " section but was wondering if anyone had some additional info here also or a simple set of photos.

I am sure once I get the boat out sailing I will have more question about the rig and how to... :roll:

Thanks
Mike B
S/V Arctic Tern
Freedom 33
1981 - #37
Prince William Sound - Alaska