Control lines for F32 Traveler

JMVarela

Control lines for F32 Traveler

Post by JMVarela »

I need to replace the lines on the main sheet traveler. They have a small loop on the side that attaches to each car. Any ideas on where to find them? I tried searching West Marine on line without success.

Thanks,
JM

tnltracy

Re: Control lines for F32 Traveler

Post by tnltracy »

I just replaced mine this year. Just used some 3/8 line, no special type. I also replaced the control ends as the sheaves were shot. Garhauer's ends fit right on in place of the originals at about $60 each.
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

UBETCHAII

Post by UBETCHAII »

I replaced mine last year and didn't use a spliced end. I did something a little different and used one line. Used a bowline on one side of the traveler and ran through blocks then through cleat to other side and basically reversed the process through the cleat and block to the traveler and used a bowline on that side. The convenience of having the line take up on the windward side as traveler moves to leeward make for less clutter in the cockpit. It has worked well thus far.

tnltracy

Post by tnltracy »

Interesting idea. Where does the line run between the port and starboard sides? Seems it would have to run across the companion way?
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI