Main Sheet Car and Sheaves replacement F-32

sforgey2

Main Sheet Car and Sheaves replacement F-32

Post by sforgey2 »

I think Kenyon made the main sheet car that moves back and forth on the traveler rail.

The old sheaves have since deteriorated and I am having a lot of difficulty finding the size to replace them.

Replacing the entire system seems a bit of a large fix for a small problem.

Any ideas for sourcing replacement parts?

Thanks...flying home to Florida and on my boat for a week on Tuesday, love to fix this as I have to keep an eye on traveler when sailing.
Attachments
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c8c.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c8c.jpg (42.83 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
Scott Forgey
Girlfriend
Freedom 32 Hoyt #81

RadioZephyr

Re: Main Sheet Car and Sheaves replacement F-32

Post by RadioZephyr »

Josh
Sunset Spy
F38, Hull #152
Boston, MA

sforgey2

Post by sforgey2 »

Thanks for the referral...and Wow...just wow.

Reached out to Kenyon (Rigrite) and they are even harder to do business with than Dave Berig!

No answer, robo-phone that ends without any ability to leave message.

Circular web site, no prices, dont answer phone and email doesnt work. They said something about a Fax machine. What's that?! :)

Would have been glad to PAY them to figure out the right parts and order a couple sets...but get nonsensical "quote" from them. Non-responsive.

I guess I will call till I reach a human. Yikes! An expose on how not to do business.
Scott Forgey
Girlfriend
Freedom 32 Hoyt #81

sforgey2

Post by sforgey2 »

Finally, end of saga.

Rig-Rite had the original Kenyon traveler sheaves from my main sheet car. The only people I could find that had it after an exhaustive search.

Doing business with them is tough. Their web site is antiquated, they want to blame the customer for everything and prevent wasting their time on anything so annoying as customer service. I had to call to order it with the part number...they don't do any email, won't explain or look at pictures, nada. I ended up ordering 2 sizes as I couldn't determine which was right. 20% restocking fee and have to call for return #. Welcome to 1990.

The person on the phone was clearly trying to get me off the phone as quickly as possible.

$29 per sheave and $17 for sending US Mail? Yikes. I ordered 4 so that, fingers crossed, I NEVER need to speak with them again.

So if you have an Freedom 32 Hoyt and need this part, I have your info.

rigrite.com
Part #K-199-4C KT s6. $29 each.
Scott Forgey
Girlfriend
Freedom 32 Hoyt #81