F40 AC CK Lifting Keel Line/Cable

Teke's Pride

F40 AC CK Lifting Keel Line/Cable

Post by Teke's Pride »

Hi all,

My F40 came to me in a bit of a state...
Among the issues is the line/cable for lifting/lowering the keel. Long before I bought Black Finn, the cable broke off at the splice between the line and the cable. Can someone please let me know the diameters and lengths of line and cable I need for a replacement. The keel is currently in the raised position with the line cleated off just below where the cable disappears into the line. The only way I know that this is the correct line is because I can just feel the tips of the broken cable strands on the end of the line (no visual evidence of the cable).

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Clark Myers
Teke's Pride
F21 #345

Black Finn
F40 AC CK #41

Browns Creek Sailing Association
Guntersville, AL
http://www.youtube.com/LambdaZetaTeke

Teke's Pride

Re: F40 AC CK Lifting Keel Line/Cable

Post by Teke's Pride »

Hi again,

I'm still looking for assistance in regards to my lifting keel retrieval line/cable.

Rather than trying to find someone to splice a new cable into the line, I'm considering replacing the entire length with Dyneema. Does anyone out there have experience doing this? Any guesses what diameter line I'll need?
Clark Myers
Teke's Pride
F21 #345

Black Finn
F40 AC CK #41

Browns Creek Sailing Association
Guntersville, AL
http://www.youtube.com/LambdaZetaTeke

Erik

Re: F40 AC CK Lifting Keel Line/Cable

Post by Erik »

I have a 33 Cat/Ketch and needed to replace the SS lifting conection at the centerboard. I used dynema to replace the lifting and safety lines 2 years ago. Everytnig workes fine and the dynema is 3x the strength of the oroignia setup. It is also very easy to terminate.
Regards
Erik