Pearson Freedom 44 New Owner

sarkastic

Pearson Freedom 44 New Owner

Post by sarkastic »

I recently purchased a Freedom 44. I have spent the last couple of months getting the engine squared away so she will move under her own power. Unfortunately sails were not on board when I took ownership. When I made the purchase they were still being made but I am having doubts as to the previous owner living up to his promise that the sails will be installed. That being said I have no idea how any of the running rigging should be set up. I know I am missing pulleys and some of the ones present need replaced. What I am looking for at this point is some pictures or diagrams of how the lines should run. All I have running back to the cockpit right now are the two main halyards. The Mizzen has what appears to be a working boom sheet on a double pulley system hooked to a traveler that looks complete. I don't see a good way to run this sheet to a winch without cutting across 1/4 of of the cockpit. I can use this set up to recreate one for the main boom but none of the reefing lines make any sense to me.
This is my first sailboat and Hurricane Mathew has me worried to death. She is birthed in a good marina in Daytona Beach with new dock lines all around but nothing is going to ease my tension until this storm passes and I see how she rode it out. I don't get to go back to her until later in October and probably won't have sails on her until December or January at this point but I would like to get as much information as possible early. I can post any pictured of the rigging I do have in a couple of weeks when I get back down to her.

Thanks in advance for any help.

VeloFellow

Re: Pearson Freedom 44 New Owner

Post by VeloFellow »

Congratulations on your freedom 44. There are a variety of cat ketch rigs if you look in the documentation section. Pick a couple, 44, 40, 39, 33(35),28(30) as you will may see something that fits your style. I have a freedom 28(30) cat ketch with wishbone booms.
Mike
s/v Clave'
1981Freedom 28 #112
Currently sailing Tampa Bay
Buit by Fairways Marine Hamble England
cat ketch, centerboard , wishbone booms, tides track slides
yanmar 2ym15 2blade prop