F 40/40 2nd Bilge Pump location

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
TonyB

F 40/40 2nd Bilge Pump location

Post by TonyB »

Hey folks,
I bought Circe, a F 40/40 a couple of months ago and since have been getting her ready for her trip north from San Diego to the SF Bay Area (about 450 miles of bashing!). Anyhow, I am having trouble finding the second bilge pump. The first one is mid cabin under the sole. Easy to find. The second one I can hear, sounds further aft and I would assume is lower, in a deeper part of the bilge. But I have pulled up pretty much all the floor boards in the main cabin and didn't see it anywhere. Where is it hiding?!

Thanks!
Tony
SV Circe 1997 Freedom 40/40 - Hull #20 - Richmond Yacht Club, Richmond, CA

Riki

Re: F 40/40 2nd Bilge Pump location

Post by Riki »

Congratulations on your recent purchase! We also have a 1997 40/40 that we bought in 2016. We've been extremely happy and continue to compare her to other new boats at boat shows and still feel that she's a better boat.

Back to your question... have a bilge pump under the same floor board as the engine water intake. I'm guessing you can easily find that one. The other one is a little bit forward of this one. It is between the two settees. I don't know if you have another arrangement. Honestly, under the stairs, I often see some water when I take the trash can out, but there is no pump there - perhaps you have one in that area?

Good luck and I look forward to hearing more about your impressions with the 40/40.

Riki
1997 Freedom 40/40 Hull #27